top of page
About Us: Shark Pit Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was started in a garage by a group of friends who wanted to train under the skill, experience and knowledge of local 3rd Degree BJJ Black Belt Joe Bauserman. Within a few months there were 35 members actively training under coach Joe on 300 square feet of cobbled-together mat space in a residential garage that was boiling hot in late summer and sometimes 30 degrees on winter days. In spite of the hardship, new folks were showing up every week and it became clear that we were going to need a bigger facility to accommodate the interest in Joe's superior martial arts instruction.
Garage Days (September 2018 - December 2018)
Winchester Sportsplex (January 2019 - July 2022)
About Our Facilities:
* We have over 2200 square feet of brand-new (July 2022) Fuji mats.
* Newly renovated locker rooms and bathrooms.
* Sauna available during open hours and open mats.
* Air conditioned lounge areas with comfy furniture and multiple camera views of the mat room (ideal for parents who want to observe their kids during class in comfort).
* Day use of lockers is included. Bring your own lock.
* Limited free weights and exercise equipment is available for members with plans to expand.
bottom of page